I have also made the mast step and partner from Doug Fir, the partner is fitted in place while the step has been shaped to fit and epoxy coated. It is critical to get this all fitted in the correct position on the centre-line or the Goat will be sailing faster on one tack than the other.
Finally I did a bit of shaping on the tiller, I made this some time ago but while the router was out I ran around the edges and tidied up some of the glue before it was epoxy coated.
This weekend was the first chance I have had to use the PEC epoxy having made the change from West. I have found that it is a little thicker that West but responds well to some gentle warming and this makes it considerably less viscous. Working time is much longer, this is both good and bad so I will contact PEC to see if there is a faster version of the hardener component. Once set there was a little blushing on the surface by much less than the West, this is a little disappointing as I was hoping to move to a blush-free epoxy as much as possible. So I may not have solved the blushing problem but at least it is a good bit cheaper than West so I can live with that for now.